We are all drawn to great stories–whether they’re on the big screen, small screen, in a book or elsewhere. But we may be completely unaware of one simple truth–that our lives are a story as well. The decisions we make every day are shaping the plot. The things we do, believe and trust determine what is being written. And for many of us, the story we are scripting could be so much more if we let God write, or even rewrite, our story. It’s the story we long for, the one our hearts truly desire.
Come discover your story. On February 25th-26th, we are going to be gathering together around stories–about the big story unfolding around us, the small stories that distract us and take us off course, and the story that God is telling that invites us to be a part. Here’s the catch: the majority of the time, you are going to be with your Life Group. This whole weekend is going to revolve around the faces you see every Sunday night. You ready for it?
Sign up deadline is February 13th (also the day of Dessert Theatre!). The cost is $15 (which is what it would cost you to buy 12 songs on iTunes, one ticket + popcorn + drink to the movies, and one t-shirt from American Apparel). Everything else you need to know, you’ll find out when you come. You can download the registration form here. WRITE.REWRITE High School Retreat
REMINDER! SPRING BREAK MISSION TRIP DEADLINE IS QUICKLY APPROACHING!
Dallas, Texas / Pioneer Bible Translators March 26 – April 2, 2011 Trip Overview: This 8 day trip will take us to the world headquarters of Pioneer Bible Translators or PBT in Dallas, Texas. Our mission is to support and encourage the missionaries, both foreign and domestic in their work in Dallas and around the world.
Where: Dallas, Texas When: March 26 – April 2, 2011 How Much: $200 Age Limit: Jr. High and up (no age limit if accompanied by a parent) Application/Deposit Deadline: January 30, 2010 Deposit Amount: $25
Each Team Member Will:
• Dig deep in learning about and participating in areas of ministry and evangelism of PBT in Dallas and around the World with their work of Bible translation.
• Have the opportunity to work on construction projects, landscaping, cleaning, gardening, and minor home repair of the missionaries that train and equip teams to be sent out from Dallas.
• Work to encourage and love on the kids of the missionary families of PBT.
• See and experience what itʼs like to spend time with missionaries living in our own country in a major metropolitan area.
• Have a time of rest and recreation on our final day together in Dallas.
Requirements & Cost: Students seeking to participate in this trip should currently be in grades 7-12, be actively involved in the youth ministry at Chapel Rock, and be willing to work toward raising $200.00 for their trip cost. The cost for the trip includes a t-shirt, meals and snacks, and project costs.
Click here to download trip application/brochure information.